shopping-bag 0
Items : 0
Subtotal : $0.00
View Cart Check Out

LISCR FC Unbeaten League Run Ended By LPRC Oilers

  1. The first day of the LFA 2018 First Division second round  came as a bad one for LISCR FC that got defeated for the first time in the league since December 3, 2016.

The Shipping Boys enjoyed a 26 league games unbeaten spree before falling to LPRC Oilers on Sunday, September 16 at the Antoinette Tubman Stadium.

A goal from LPRC Oilers’ striker, Randy Dukuly in the 22nd minute and an own goal by Ashley Williams in the stoppage time of the match were enough to put an end to LISCR FC’ unbeaten league campaign.

Just a day after a historic 2-1 win over Oilers, Coach Tapha Manneh’s boys were unable to continue the party as they bowed in their first home fixture in the second round of the first division.

LPRC Oilers got the lead in the 22nd minute through Randy Dukuly whose shot from the edge of the six-yard box couldn’t be stopped by Ashley Williams. Randy intercepted a long volley before blasting on goal to give LPRC Oilers the lead. Efforts made by the Shipping Boys to get the score level in the first half were made fruitless at LPRC went to the break with a goal lead.

After the break, Coach Tapha Manneh made three changes in the second half which appeared to have given him the needed result. Alloy Brown was introduced for Varney Sando in the 54th minute before Amadiah Kawah made way for Markey Morgan six minutes later. The final substitution was in the 74th minute when Mark Paye was introduced for Armah Vaikainah.

All three substitutions changed the paced of the game with LISCR FC coming close to getting things level. Mark Paye’s first attempt in goal came from the set-piece just six minutes after his introduction. From the edge of the box, Paye struck directly on goal but saw his efforts denied by Saylee Swen who was in goal for Oilers. LPRC Oilers’ defense came under several attacks in the second half but the Shipping Boys were unlucky to land a one shot at the back of the net. Alloy Brown’s nearly got the score even in the 77th minute with a header that went inches of Saylee Swens’ goal.

With the force from LISCR FC, Oilers went in a hunt for a goal to put an end to the game. Matters got worse for LISCR FC in the stoppage time of the match when Oilers doubled the lead. An own goal from Ashley Williams gave the Oilers a 2-0 lead with less than a minute to play. Fred Brooks’s header was denied by the crossbar before hitting the head of Williams to bounce across the goal line.

The defeat drops LISCR FC to third in Group B with eight points from five games. They are two points behind table toppers, LPRC Oilers and a point behind second place, Nimba United.

The boys will look forward to bouncing from the defeat to LPRC Oilers on Thursday, September 20 when they take on Stages FC in the FA Cup second round.

Leave a Reply